Thailand is very well known for the warmness of its people and the beauty of its beaches. It's no secret that the country has some of the more marvelous beaches the world has ever seen. Crystal clear waters, gorgeous corals and white sand are the things that make up the dreams of beach bums all over.
Given that the nation has such a rich beach scene, it's also no wonder that it makes for a great scuba diving destination. However, with all the many wonderful places to see in Thailand, which ones are at the top of the list?
Well, if you want to get the ultimate scuba diving adventure in Thailand, these are the top 3 places to go to:
This is where you'll find the Tarutao National Park, one of the oldest marine parks in Asia. Here, the place is not only lovely, but the reefs are in excellent condition. Just keep in mind that the current in this place is tidal wherein you experience strong currents or none at all.
The marine life that you can witness here include:
· whale sharls
· manta rays
There are different dive sites here to, including:
· Sail Rock – hawksbill turtles, batfish, giant puffer fish
· Stonehenge – leopard sharks, barracudas
· Hin Takorn Dukong – stonefish, lionfish, squid, cuttlefish
This is where the largest diving center in Thailand is found. Of course, there are numerous dive sites in Phuket too, including:
· Koh Doc Mai – diversity of fish
· Racha Noi – for experienced divers
· Racha Yai – best known dive site in Phuket
Getting to the dive destinations in Krabi requires traveling via dive boat because they are located off the west coast.
· Koh Phi Phi – known for sea fans and the leopard shark. Dive sites include Bodah Nok, Bida Nai and Hin Bidah which are all home to a wide range of marine life.
When you're at these three wonderful scuba diving destinations in Thailand, expect nothing but endless wonder and sheer beauty.